Based in: Dublin
Republic of Ireland
Mediation Practice Areas
Workplace Mediation (Public, Private and Not for Profit organisations)
As principal at O'MaraHR I work with organisations to assist them understand and resolve disputes by way of early intervention. In addition to using mediation to find settlement my role often requires a large amount of conflict investigation. I also provide a full suite of HR solutions.
- Operations Manager at Nokia Ltd. (1970-1990).
- Head of Human Resources (1990 – 2009) at Grafton Group plc.
- Principal Consultant at OMaraHR (current).
- Board Director at Retirement Planning Council of Ireland (current).
- Board Director at Catholic Institute for Deaf People (2008 – 2014).
- Member of the Employment Appeals Tribunal (2008 – current).
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee for the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (current).
Description of Mediation Style
I work with a facilitative style assisting the Parties in reaching a mutually agreeable resolution.
Education & Training
- Certified Mediator Training (2013 - 2015)
- Advanced Practitioner Course (2014 - 2015)
- M.Sc. (Mgmt) Trinity Collage Dublin (1982)
- FCIPD - Fellow Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (2004)
NRM Certified Mediator (current 2015 practice licence held)
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Glennon Insurance Brokers, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2.
Code of Professional Conduct
NRM Code of professional conduct
NRM Complaint and Audit Process